Saturday, July 18, 2009

Simonne For So Long

friend, cake doesn't taste the same without you
and alone I empty my reckoned coffee cup too soon
I think of you at so many turns, on so many roads

I think and wish in yearn I didn't feel so alone

I can't yet come back and you can't yet arrive

but the home in my heart for you keeps lit the porch light
so, when in the night you reach to dial my number

remember I'm here and duly requite your hunger
and even if your voice, I await to again hear

I know all too well your love for me made clear
distance doesn't erode what's etched to souls' closeness
there's a picture of you and I old together I'm shown this

with every instance between us that owns life a bit more

and forever's not long enough for this pleasure so sure


No comments:

other people waiting

we're not strangers anymore