Thursday, February 5, 2009

Never The Same Again (Train Song)

well, the room is dark
and any spark we had is gone
long gone with the evening's lampshade
though we prayed never turn it off
I wanted you one time
on this journey late night's train
and it pained me to think how we left
and further, how it'll never be the same
(you and I can never be the same)

you are the ghost that follows me
and for the most I miss don't mistake
I'd kill to repeat our days, but I know only to take
if I said I loved you dear
it was true and will stay clear
for that time and place and each day

it's loss I face and my fear
is to never say it again
and be forever lonesome on this train
(forever lonesome on this train)

you wrote me whilst I's away
and I know'd not how to respond
I took time and read it over again
and tried to say it all but it took too long
your final question to me enquired
do I still think of you
does my heart still wake to ache
and I figured, yeah it does but
dear, it'll never be the same
(you and I can never be the same)

I'm looking out these carriage windows
and feeling on my way home
that these roads are where I'm at now
and that's gonna mean leaving you alone
for the best or maybe worst, when I see the snow fall
just know I'll not help but to
your voice and love-songs with ease recall
and dear, to cut me off from your heart
and stay shy of the train station
would be best because no matter
it'll never be the same
(you and I can never be the same)

(you and I will never be the same)


No comments:

other people waiting

we're not strangers anymore