Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Tetris

I think of girls who play Tetris
and let us as the bricks lay them
so straight in line and parallel
fitted neat into each other until
so square are we that disappear
for score are points that we clear
and equate to meaning something

I find I feed my brain the bricks
in places aside and outside the game
passing buildings down the street
in the characteristics of girls I meet
but see the pace always hastens
as the next level higher you climb
no winning it beats me right down
the way you lose every one to time

I inevitably run out of ways to make fit
those bricks that are simply you and I
and as Tetris even for record high scores
for trying eventually we sour and sore
realising love has nowhere to go
but game over



No comments:

other people waiting

we're not strangers anymore