22 Feb 2008
I tried being nice, I tried being sincere and you threw it back in my face
you gave me a feeble sorry and a let down story dressed in lace
as if the prettier your fable, the more believable you'd be in rejection
but instead you just make me angry, your lies are no protection
I can't stand being told you know I'm nice how do you think that makes me feel
are you saying you don't want it that way are you saying that breaks the deal
well I can't read your mind, I don't get how you play, there's something you're not telling
I feel like for how nice we're being it's bullshit and we should be yelling
I feel sad about how you said no, though in the kindest way you thought you could
I'm emotional and contemplative and can only think of what would
and can't now and of how you should have taken a chance on me and seen
what might've and what maybe I know I am becoming and can be
Your rejection makes me think of primary school, a particular school excursion
when I gave a girl a friendship band as incentive, evidence and persuasion
of how I've been trying for so long to be a nice guy, genuine and sincere
but every time I'm just myself it gets me nowhere and my heart just seems to sear
I guess I'll still see you at times though I don't know if friends we'll be
and I know for a long time to come I'll wonder what if about you and me
to you I'm sure I'll just be a memory of when you felt good or a passing flatter
But I hope one day when you feel alone you consider how much to me you mattered
memories & previous plans
- ► 2009 (87)
- the Robin Hood of romance
- she wrote Sorry! in my coffee
- unclasped lovers
- CANINE LOVERS
- Ward For The Broken Hearted
- love is lung cancer
- If hypothetically I fell for you
- A Kite In The Wind
- did you miss me?
- our lives let the rain in.
- love is inspiration
- we watched our parent's and theirs for too long.
- our love to admire and if lacking'll set to fire a...
- If I Have To Go
- hands in pockets
- The Brittle Melancholy
- I scream. You scream. We all scream for the person...
- drop a coin into the sea. but only whisper come ba...
- knowing you're in love again is when feelings surp...
- tips for shy chicks
- the Friends ship set sail; unsure we had boarded w...
- his note & the lump in her throat. his sigh, her e...
- my winter weather leather gloves that hide my fing...
- "The Moment That It Takes To Fall Apart"
- straight lines
- pleasure, pain and provocation
- the vacancy sign’s flashing on your hotel lacking ...
- inhibited in the minute by a machine that stops my...
- warm and still
- my midnight malignant melanoma
- do you realise?
- it's dreamy weather
- don’t let the magic of the moment become too much ...
- Tap. Tap. Tap...
- deciduous reaching over us. littering romance on t...
- red sea
- nobody’s up except the moon and me
- memories are tears
- I once fell in love in a six hour conversation
- freeway, cars & trucks.
- he stored his love and his life in boxes in the cu...
- time’s like a broken watch
- 22 Feb 2008 I tried being nice, I tried being sin...
- I dreamt I was dead and of what you said about my ...
- I hate your assumptions. They’re like lumps in my ...
- on the banks of the south I was the odd one out.
- roses are red, violets are blue. you don’t love me...
- on valentine’s day
- you’re not there anymore
- blog 100.
- tear apart the ties that bind. You're nothing not ...
- tantrum display. you can no longer prey
- for wanting of winter ways
- could I love the beach. could I love you?
- you were just outside my window
- we sold sincerity for seduction
- sleep carefully, fuck well.
- hating you makes me a better person
- you boiled to the surface, like you should never h...
- let me take you...
- ▼ May (66)