11 Feb 2008
listening to your aching words my heart shows up its flaws
as the rain washes away my ash from the driveway at dawn
I return to my empty house where the smell of smoke is stale
I begin writing you a letter but words for actions fail
your perfume's on my pillow and your jacket's in my robe
I wist thoughts of yesterday as all dangled by a rope
when you left I wondered whether I'd forgive myself in time
and all that I remember are your final solemn lines
please don't leave me yet can't you hold me for a moment
I couldn't bring myself to even beg a kiss for my atonement
you were a stone in my bag of money and you weren't worth a bit
so once more I return to the rain outside my window and I sit
light another cigarette and pull my flask from my coat pocket
I try to drown my anguish and put my hands to my eye sockets
the black of thoughts that race my mind won't let me forget
and I pray that every single drop of whiskey hides my regret
I look up at the morning sky pouring down in the hazy weather
and hope it somehow cleanses me of all the ties I severed
'cause whilst I need to forget you and move on as much as possible
I can't shake the muddy feeling that all I'll ever be is horrible
a car drives by my street and for a second I think it's yours
and I'm not sure if you came back now that face I could ignore
'cause it floors me every time I think of how you're probably hurting
and in my mind all the scenarios where we might work I'm still exerting
perhaps in another situation in life for us there could be a future
and maybe time will be all we need to disinfect the wound and suture
but it's a gaping gash that's cutting at everything we know and are
and who knows how deep it goes and if we even can bear the scar
well it's not an easy choice to let you disappear and flee
but on the whole given time away I'm sure you'll eventually see
this life holds much more and for us respectively there's plenty left
and one day we may return as friends to repair this widening cleft
memories & previous plans
- ► 2009 (87)
- the Robin Hood of romance
- she wrote Sorry! in my coffee
- unclasped lovers
- CANINE LOVERS
- Ward For The Broken Hearted
- love is lung cancer
- If hypothetically I fell for you
- A Kite In The Wind
- did you miss me?
- our lives let the rain in.
- love is inspiration
- we watched our parent's and theirs for too long.
- our love to admire and if lacking'll set to fire a...
- If I Have To Go
- hands in pockets
- The Brittle Melancholy
- I scream. You scream. We all scream for the person...
- drop a coin into the sea. but only whisper come ba...
- knowing you're in love again is when feelings surp...
- tips for shy chicks
- the Friends ship set sail; unsure we had boarded w...
- his note & the lump in her throat. his sigh, her e...
- my winter weather leather gloves that hide my fing...
- "The Moment That It Takes To Fall Apart"
- straight lines
- pleasure, pain and provocation
- the vacancy sign’s flashing on your hotel lacking ...
- inhibited in the minute by a machine that stops my...
- warm and still
- my midnight malignant melanoma
- do you realise?
- it's dreamy weather
- don’t let the magic of the moment become too much ...
- Tap. Tap. Tap...
- deciduous reaching over us. littering romance on t...
- red sea
- nobody’s up except the moon and me
- memories are tears
- I once fell in love in a six hour conversation
- freeway, cars & trucks.
- he stored his love and his life in boxes in the cu...
- time’s like a broken watch
- 22 Feb 2008 I tried being nice, I tried being sin...
- I dreamt I was dead and of what you said about my ...
- I hate your assumptions. They’re like lumps in my ...
- on the banks of the south I was the odd one out.
- roses are red, violets are blue. you don’t love me...
- on valentine’s day
- you’re not there anymore
- blog 100.
- tear apart the ties that bind. You're nothing not ...
- tantrum display. you can no longer prey
- for wanting of winter ways
- could I love the beach. could I love you?
- you were just outside my window
- we sold sincerity for seduction
- sleep carefully, fuck well.
- hating you makes me a better person
- you boiled to the surface, like you should never h...
- let me take you...
- ▼ May (66)