20 Mar 2008
She tapped at the keys.
The recurring, clicking sound of fast paced fingers. They tapped at his head, trying to remove his skull, slide in and scoop out his brain.
The more she typed the more that her fingers succeeded and sunk themselves in. Her nails piercing and cuticles devouring as she ripped apart all the thoughts inside, replacing them with herself.
He was helpless.
Sitting at the screen he watched the words; sharp and hardy nails hammering into his heart; unable to be withdrawn or smoothed over. Each paragraph seemed to lacquer the last. Coating it so it would stain and be forever tarnished. Glossed, so that everyone to come that would walk over or past it would see what was done and there could be no resolve.
Perhaps to rip the boards up and start new, but even then there were foundations that could not be taken and would forever stay as part of the history of his heart. They could only remain, so that everything new built upon it would have to accept that it was already there and would be forever.
He prosed his thoughts and leaned forward to tap the keys back. Hoping he could scrounge his own staples to retort her stinging, violent words. But as much as he willed he couldn’t. Not for all his despair, could he muster any anguish or spite.
He couldn’t find the actions to lay his fingers upon any venom. So a silence fell between them. In the silence that was already obvious to each of them of their physical and emotional distance. Propelling them further and further, to galaxies apart.
The small words in front of him he kept reading over and over tore larger and larger; searing holes in him. He tried to remedy them with console and rationale but everything he layered and dressed just kept bleeding and dying. Falling through his dermis collecting on his flesh.
Until he couldn’t take it any longer
memories & previous plans
- ► 2009 (87)
- the Robin Hood of romance
- she wrote Sorry! in my coffee
- unclasped lovers
- CANINE LOVERS
- Ward For The Broken Hearted
- love is lung cancer
- If hypothetically I fell for you
- A Kite In The Wind
- did you miss me?
- our lives let the rain in.
- love is inspiration
- we watched our parent's and theirs for too long.
- our love to admire and if lacking'll set to fire a...
- If I Have To Go
- hands in pockets
- The Brittle Melancholy
- I scream. You scream. We all scream for the person...
- drop a coin into the sea. but only whisper come ba...
- knowing you're in love again is when feelings surp...
- tips for shy chicks
- the Friends ship set sail; unsure we had boarded w...
- his note & the lump in her throat. his sigh, her e...
- my winter weather leather gloves that hide my fing...
- "The Moment That It Takes To Fall Apart"
- straight lines
- pleasure, pain and provocation
- the vacancy sign’s flashing on your hotel lacking ...
- inhibited in the minute by a machine that stops my...
- warm and still
- my midnight malignant melanoma
- do you realise?
- it's dreamy weather
- don’t let the magic of the moment become too much ...
- Tap. Tap. Tap...
- deciduous reaching over us. littering romance on t...
- red sea
- nobody’s up except the moon and me
- memories are tears
- I once fell in love in a six hour conversation
- freeway, cars & trucks.
- he stored his love and his life in boxes in the cu...
- time’s like a broken watch
- 22 Feb 2008 I tried being nice, I tried being sin...
- I dreamt I was dead and of what you said about my ...
- I hate your assumptions. They’re like lumps in my ...
- on the banks of the south I was the odd one out.
- roses are red, violets are blue. you don’t love me...
- on valentine’s day
- you’re not there anymore
- blog 100.
- tear apart the ties that bind. You're nothing not ...
- tantrum display. you can no longer prey
- for wanting of winter ways
- could I love the beach. could I love you?
- you were just outside my window
- we sold sincerity for seduction
- sleep carefully, fuck well.
- hating you makes me a better person
- you boiled to the surface, like you should never h...
- let me take you...
- ▼ May (66)