23 Apr 200
you can't know you're again in love
till feelings surpass your marked one
its a tugging getting you in your heart
reminding you of the start of your last
consideration to all your cautious thinking
it feels something more,something different
perhaps escalating at a faster rate
it seems increasing on the benchmark,
as old notions of 'in love' depart
you wonder every time how you begin again
you're debating whether or not you're falling in
whether it's something else
maybe fleeting or just the unplanned meeting
of someone new and exciting
as inspired feelings take you
in surprise you find yourself floored
with being unsure and never having felt so alive
I asked this of a friend
how did they know a beginning from an end
they said you'd know it when it showed up
because everything you'd grown up
to call love and was made to seem small
and so long ago would interrupt
your very existence as a persistent
better grasping of what was in the past
making a new start from what you thought
would only be short lasting
Suddenly you realise
you're in a new casting
a new benchmark that's exploding
birthing a sky of new stars reaching far
across a black blanketed night
and though it's your dreams that give fright
to bridges still to be crossed
you've got to weigh up the cost
of not taking hold of the moments and times
you could stand in life's line
for a span and not make any progress
so now you should own it while it's yours
here's a theory
show and let the person know
you are vulnerable and it's palpable
and maybe they'll requite your actions
of all in and forgive any gender roles
forget assumptions and gladly rid of the conundrums
that shroud you now in cryptic cloaks
of the game between girls and blokes
pretending that love's a joke
when rather it's more like a yoke
that can easily wind up choking
if left to silence's subtractive sums
memories & previous plans
- ► 2009 (87)
- the Robin Hood of romance
- she wrote Sorry! in my coffee
- unclasped lovers
- CANINE LOVERS
- Ward For The Broken Hearted
- love is lung cancer
- If hypothetically I fell for you
- A Kite In The Wind
- did you miss me?
- our lives let the rain in.
- love is inspiration
- we watched our parent's and theirs for too long.
- our love to admire and if lacking'll set to fire a...
- If I Have To Go
- hands in pockets
- The Brittle Melancholy
- I scream. You scream. We all scream for the person...
- drop a coin into the sea. but only whisper come ba...
- knowing you're in love again is when feelings surp...
- tips for shy chicks
- the Friends ship set sail; unsure we had boarded w...
- his note & the lump in her throat. his sigh, her e...
- my winter weather leather gloves that hide my fing...
- "The Moment That It Takes To Fall Apart"
- straight lines
- pleasure, pain and provocation
- the vacancy sign’s flashing on your hotel lacking ...
- inhibited in the minute by a machine that stops my...
- warm and still
- my midnight malignant melanoma
- do you realise?
- it's dreamy weather
- don’t let the magic of the moment become too much ...
- Tap. Tap. Tap...
- deciduous reaching over us. littering romance on t...
- red sea
- nobody’s up except the moon and me
- memories are tears
- I once fell in love in a six hour conversation
- freeway, cars & trucks.
- he stored his love and his life in boxes in the cu...
- time’s like a broken watch
- 22 Feb 2008 I tried being nice, I tried being sin...
- I dreamt I was dead and of what you said about my ...
- I hate your assumptions. They’re like lumps in my ...
- on the banks of the south I was the odd one out.
- roses are red, violets are blue. you don’t love me...
- on valentine’s day
- you’re not there anymore
- blog 100.
- tear apart the ties that bind. You're nothing not ...
- tantrum display. you can no longer prey
- for wanting of winter ways
- could I love the beach. could I love you?
- you were just outside my window
- we sold sincerity for seduction
- sleep carefully, fuck well.
- hating you makes me a better person
- you boiled to the surface, like you should never h...
- let me take you...
- ▼ May (66)