02 Mar 2008
I once fell in love with a girl in a six hour conversation
she was smitten with radiohead and a brilliant animator
she'd quit smoking but all night my cigarettes we shared
I told her I didn't want to get married and she replied she didn't care
she had stories to tell of traveling and about her past
and I hoped all the while we talked the moment could forever last
when the remains of the beer went and it rounded about three
I asked to kiss her and tilted my head and she turned hers away from me
giggling a no she wasn't abrupt and the proceeding time not awkward
I said that's fine and heaved a sigh, I felt no need to force it
I did however get her number and somehow she took mine
and we exchanged previously discussed conversation ending lines
in the days following I called her up to tell her how I felt
she didn't return my messages and I couldn't hide how I dealt
not as quickly as I fell in love did I discard thoughts of her and I as possibility
but I was so angry at how she treated me and her complete lack of sincerity
we haven't spoken since that night though she comes to my mind often
I suppose there's a longing in my soul still that continues to hope her heart'll soften
I won't forget the day we met when she said I was somewhat of an eccentric
and of how when I said rock 'n' roll she said yeah electric
memories & previous plans
- ► 2009 (87)
- the Robin Hood of romance
- she wrote Sorry! in my coffee
- unclasped lovers
- CANINE LOVERS
- Ward For The Broken Hearted
- love is lung cancer
- If hypothetically I fell for you
- A Kite In The Wind
- did you miss me?
- our lives let the rain in.
- love is inspiration
- we watched our parent's and theirs for too long.
- our love to admire and if lacking'll set to fire a...
- If I Have To Go
- hands in pockets
- The Brittle Melancholy
- I scream. You scream. We all scream for the person...
- drop a coin into the sea. but only whisper come ba...
- knowing you're in love again is when feelings surp...
- tips for shy chicks
- the Friends ship set sail; unsure we had boarded w...
- his note & the lump in her throat. his sigh, her e...
- my winter weather leather gloves that hide my fing...
- "The Moment That It Takes To Fall Apart"
- straight lines
- pleasure, pain and provocation
- the vacancy sign’s flashing on your hotel lacking ...
- inhibited in the minute by a machine that stops my...
- warm and still
- my midnight malignant melanoma
- do you realise?
- it's dreamy weather
- don’t let the magic of the moment become too much ...
- Tap. Tap. Tap...
- deciduous reaching over us. littering romance on t...
- red sea
- nobody’s up except the moon and me
- memories are tears
- I once fell in love in a six hour conversation
- freeway, cars & trucks.
- he stored his love and his life in boxes in the cu...
- time’s like a broken watch
- 22 Feb 2008 I tried being nice, I tried being sin...
- I dreamt I was dead and of what you said about my ...
- I hate your assumptions. They’re like lumps in my ...
- on the banks of the south I was the odd one out.
- roses are red, violets are blue. you don’t love me...
- on valentine’s day
- you’re not there anymore
- blog 100.
- tear apart the ties that bind. You're nothing not ...
- tantrum display. you can no longer prey
- for wanting of winter ways
- could I love the beach. could I love you?
- you were just outside my window
- we sold sincerity for seduction
- sleep carefully, fuck well.
- hating you makes me a better person
- you boiled to the surface, like you should never h...
- let me take you...
- ▼ May (66)