30 Apr 2008
at the approach to an ice cream parlour
after a dumpling laden dinner
lovers debate whether or not to enter
and I see you test tasting flavours
on a trampoline stick layered
at both ends with ice cream piled on soft and thick
something like lemon pie and hazelnut delight
and although they kinda make me sick
I'm tempted to get a cup just to try
and entice your look and make eye contact
but then I realise your style and you're
probably out of my league so I don't act
you leave with your friends take a seat outside
so I step to the window under fluorescent light
and start a cigarette and try to catch your glimpse
but since I'm not eating ice cream perhaps
you won't take a chance and give me your glance
so now we've an awkward stance
and for all my staring it doesn't seem to lapse
but inside the thought of you is causing
me a heart attack as opportunity gets glaring
my confidence isn't well fairing
and I'm blinded by your beauty long enough
to miss my chance whilst we walk polar opposites
I think you're picturesque; my ideal, seal the deal
with a kiss kind of girl but we're on winding paths
walking away from each other, all I can hope
is that someday we'll wander again into each other's world.
it makes me wonder now if I'd made more an effort
when we met at the urn of tea if at this moment
I'd have less to imagine because
we'd be sharing that ice cream
who are you and where did you fall from
are you an angel are you heaven sent
who am I and am I even close to worthy
how can I let you in on my romantic intent
memories & previous plans
- ► 2009 (87)
- the Robin Hood of romance
- she wrote Sorry! in my coffee
- unclasped lovers
- CANINE LOVERS
- Ward For The Broken Hearted
- love is lung cancer
- If hypothetically I fell for you
- A Kite In The Wind
- did you miss me?
- our lives let the rain in.
- love is inspiration
- we watched our parent's and theirs for too long.
- our love to admire and if lacking'll set to fire a...
- If I Have To Go
- hands in pockets
- The Brittle Melancholy
- I scream. You scream. We all scream for the person...
- drop a coin into the sea. but only whisper come ba...
- knowing you're in love again is when feelings surp...
- tips for shy chicks
- the Friends ship set sail; unsure we had boarded w...
- his note & the lump in her throat. his sigh, her e...
- my winter weather leather gloves that hide my fing...
- "The Moment That It Takes To Fall Apart"
- straight lines
- pleasure, pain and provocation
- the vacancy sign’s flashing on your hotel lacking ...
- inhibited in the minute by a machine that stops my...
- warm and still
- my midnight malignant melanoma
- do you realise?
- it's dreamy weather
- don’t let the magic of the moment become too much ...
- Tap. Tap. Tap...
- deciduous reaching over us. littering romance on t...
- red sea
- nobody’s up except the moon and me
- memories are tears
- I once fell in love in a six hour conversation
- freeway, cars & trucks.
- he stored his love and his life in boxes in the cu...
- time’s like a broken watch
- 22 Feb 2008 I tried being nice, I tried being sin...
- I dreamt I was dead and of what you said about my ...
- I hate your assumptions. They’re like lumps in my ...
- on the banks of the south I was the odd one out.
- roses are red, violets are blue. you don’t love me...
- on valentine’s day
- you’re not there anymore
- blog 100.
- tear apart the ties that bind. You're nothing not ...
- tantrum display. you can no longer prey
- for wanting of winter ways
- could I love the beach. could I love you?
- you were just outside my window
- we sold sincerity for seduction
- sleep carefully, fuck well.
- hating you makes me a better person
- you boiled to the surface, like you should never h...
- let me take you...
- ▼ May (66)