14 Apr 2008
leather gloves keep my fingers
from lingering in this weather
but they're costing me frosting feelings
I all too often love to get lost in
it's a bond I've grown to know
and appreciation I tend to show
for the way the wind washes white
the life from my pinking worn skin
it's my favourite kind of cold
for all my evading of growing old
to set upon the snow
and all that's freezing at my feet
and let allow to please me
for a time at least till it melts
under the sun's heat the fluffy marshmallow sheath
lines a silk doily protecting the land underneath
as the day passes
and the mist warms on our glasses
I can wallow in the white washing wall
of snow wafting in tomorrow's fall
as snowflakes make signs;
frost floating in the sky
I watch wistfully the bliss for me
landing graciously at winter's call
every now and then
I feel urged to attend
the nagging plead of my cuticles to be plunged
in the beautiful pure knead
of water turned ice,
turned a soft that can suffice
the price of getting frost bite
for a moments pleasure of the cold
I'm determined feeling alive
is founded in the drive
to stand steady through winter's weather;
rain, hail, shine or snow
and I'm sure there's hope
for more of your favourite days of cold
spent kept up in warm blankets,
walking in the brisk night wrapped in jackets,
scarves and cigarettes dangling from your head
warm wood fires inside with several glasses of red wine
or coffee and chocolate and your lover lying beside
you tucked up in bed
memories & previous plans
- ► 2009 (87)
- the Robin Hood of romance
- she wrote Sorry! in my coffee
- unclasped lovers
- CANINE LOVERS
- Ward For The Broken Hearted
- love is lung cancer
- If hypothetically I fell for you
- A Kite In The Wind
- did you miss me?
- our lives let the rain in.
- love is inspiration
- we watched our parent's and theirs for too long.
- our love to admire and if lacking'll set to fire a...
- If I Have To Go
- hands in pockets
- The Brittle Melancholy
- I scream. You scream. We all scream for the person...
- drop a coin into the sea. but only whisper come ba...
- knowing you're in love again is when feelings surp...
- tips for shy chicks
- the Friends ship set sail; unsure we had boarded w...
- his note & the lump in her throat. his sigh, her e...
- my winter weather leather gloves that hide my fing...
- "The Moment That It Takes To Fall Apart"
- straight lines
- pleasure, pain and provocation
- the vacancy sign’s flashing on your hotel lacking ...
- inhibited in the minute by a machine that stops my...
- warm and still
- my midnight malignant melanoma
- do you realise?
- it's dreamy weather
- don’t let the magic of the moment become too much ...
- Tap. Tap. Tap...
- deciduous reaching over us. littering romance on t...
- red sea
- nobody’s up except the moon and me
- memories are tears
- I once fell in love in a six hour conversation
- freeway, cars & trucks.
- he stored his love and his life in boxes in the cu...
- time’s like a broken watch
- 22 Feb 2008 I tried being nice, I tried being sin...
- I dreamt I was dead and of what you said about my ...
- I hate your assumptions. They’re like lumps in my ...
- on the banks of the south I was the odd one out.
- roses are red, violets are blue. you don’t love me...
- on valentine’s day
- you’re not there anymore
- blog 100.
- tear apart the ties that bind. You're nothing not ...
- tantrum display. you can no longer prey
- for wanting of winter ways
- could I love the beach. could I love you?
- you were just outside my window
- we sold sincerity for seduction
- sleep carefully, fuck well.
- hating you makes me a better person
- you boiled to the surface, like you should never h...
- let me take you...
- ▼ May (66)