13 Feb 2008
I went out to have a smoke on the porch and hide my disdain
but I locked myself outside and realised I'd have hours to wait
before anyone came home to open the door then wished I had a few cigarettes more
to keep me from the cold and the wind and the rain I cowered under my eve and thought I should've worn
something less plain like a coat or a scarf or a hat perhaps and pondered my day to help the time lapse.
Well away from my work and my music and home I found that my conscience was torn
between whether or not to go next door and face the neighbours scorn and use their telephone.
well I decided to call you, that it'd be worth the pain to face up to my shame and get warm.
when you answered and came round you seemed surprised having found me lying on my front lawn
I was smitten looking up at the stars getting soaking wet and catching pneumonia
when you arrived you picked me up and handed me a towel dragging me over to your car.
you put on the radio and asked me if I'd known that today was st valentine's
I said that I knew and it was my plan all along to get you here and make you mine.
though we've been here before it's just so hard to ignore on a day when I want to feel love.
well you said softly but there's no way we can let ourselves again. hating you once is tough enough.
memories & previous plans
- ► 2009 (87)
- the Robin Hood of romance
- she wrote Sorry! in my coffee
- unclasped lovers
- CANINE LOVERS
- Ward For The Broken Hearted
- love is lung cancer
- If hypothetically I fell for you
- A Kite In The Wind
- did you miss me?
- our lives let the rain in.
- love is inspiration
- we watched our parent's and theirs for too long.
- our love to admire and if lacking'll set to fire a...
- If I Have To Go
- hands in pockets
- The Brittle Melancholy
- I scream. You scream. We all scream for the person...
- drop a coin into the sea. but only whisper come ba...
- knowing you're in love again is when feelings surp...
- tips for shy chicks
- the Friends ship set sail; unsure we had boarded w...
- his note & the lump in her throat. his sigh, her e...
- my winter weather leather gloves that hide my fing...
- "The Moment That It Takes To Fall Apart"
- straight lines
- pleasure, pain and provocation
- the vacancy sign’s flashing on your hotel lacking ...
- inhibited in the minute by a machine that stops my...
- warm and still
- my midnight malignant melanoma
- do you realise?
- it's dreamy weather
- don’t let the magic of the moment become too much ...
- Tap. Tap. Tap...
- deciduous reaching over us. littering romance on t...
- red sea
- nobody’s up except the moon and me
- memories are tears
- I once fell in love in a six hour conversation
- freeway, cars & trucks.
- he stored his love and his life in boxes in the cu...
- time’s like a broken watch
- 22 Feb 2008 I tried being nice, I tried being sin...
- I dreamt I was dead and of what you said about my ...
- I hate your assumptions. They’re like lumps in my ...
- on the banks of the south I was the odd one out.
- roses are red, violets are blue. you don’t love me...
- on valentine’s day
- you’re not there anymore
- blog 100.
- tear apart the ties that bind. You're nothing not ...
- tantrum display. you can no longer prey
- for wanting of winter ways
- could I love the beach. could I love you?
- you were just outside my window
- we sold sincerity for seduction
- sleep carefully, fuck well.
- hating you makes me a better person
- you boiled to the surface, like you should never h...
- let me take you...
- ▼ May (66)