29 Feb 2008
headed home on the eastern I tune into Tom
he takes me for a ride while I sing along
a perfect end to a stormy night's dreary drain
on my soul and my health and he eases my pain
I've driven freeways and highways all to nowhere
In my time I've had my fair share of accidents and scares
and when I think of how I'm gonna get home to be safe and sound
only one name comes to mind and I say it out a loud
I'm passin' rigs and commuters and tourists and cops
I'm watchin' the street signs and lookin' out for a cheap coffee shop
late night, close time; everyone's goin' to bed or packin' up
All I'd care for is a cigarette and a dimattina's cup
well I compromise and get me a cheeseburger and a drip filter black
clock's showin' 'round 'bout 3am and all the cabbys are gettin' slack
the drunks are pourin' onto the streets and they're fallin' and stumblin'
they all got what I got; that tummy growlin' and rumblin'
romance is dead after the clock hits two four double zero
and the girls are takin' home any guy; criminal or hero
and me, I contemplate askin' one of them ladies for a light
and I wonder how I'd fair with one of those punks in a fight
sleepless nights keep makin' me crazy and I feel myself gettin' old
I'm a ticking time bomb with no counter I'm just waitin' to explode
I might just roll into bed and crash for a day or two or three
call in sick for work, take the phone off the hook and just be
ahh my dreams scatter like bats shifting just before intersection
all the while I'm still drivin' street lights illuminatin' in reflections
my driveway at last and I'm home where dawn awaits
do I light another cigarette and sit on the porch I debate
memories & previous plans
- ► 2009 (87)
- the Robin Hood of romance
- she wrote Sorry! in my coffee
- unclasped lovers
- CANINE LOVERS
- Ward For The Broken Hearted
- love is lung cancer
- If hypothetically I fell for you
- A Kite In The Wind
- did you miss me?
- our lives let the rain in.
- love is inspiration
- we watched our parent's and theirs for too long.
- our love to admire and if lacking'll set to fire a...
- If I Have To Go
- hands in pockets
- The Brittle Melancholy
- I scream. You scream. We all scream for the person...
- drop a coin into the sea. but only whisper come ba...
- knowing you're in love again is when feelings surp...
- tips for shy chicks
- the Friends ship set sail; unsure we had boarded w...
- his note & the lump in her throat. his sigh, her e...
- my winter weather leather gloves that hide my fing...
- "The Moment That It Takes To Fall Apart"
- straight lines
- pleasure, pain and provocation
- the vacancy sign’s flashing on your hotel lacking ...
- inhibited in the minute by a machine that stops my...
- warm and still
- my midnight malignant melanoma
- do you realise?
- it's dreamy weather
- don’t let the magic of the moment become too much ...
- Tap. Tap. Tap...
- deciduous reaching over us. littering romance on t...
- red sea
- nobody’s up except the moon and me
- memories are tears
- I once fell in love in a six hour conversation
- freeway, cars & trucks.
- he stored his love and his life in boxes in the cu...
- time’s like a broken watch
- 22 Feb 2008 I tried being nice, I tried being sin...
- I dreamt I was dead and of what you said about my ...
- I hate your assumptions. They’re like lumps in my ...
- on the banks of the south I was the odd one out.
- roses are red, violets are blue. you don’t love me...
- on valentine’s day
- you’re not there anymore
- blog 100.
- tear apart the ties that bind. You're nothing not ...
- tantrum display. you can no longer prey
- for wanting of winter ways
- could I love the beach. could I love you?
- you were just outside my window
- we sold sincerity for seduction
- sleep carefully, fuck well.
- hating you makes me a better person
- you boiled to the surface, like you should never h...
- let me take you...
- ▼ May (66)