she wrote Sorry! in the coffee
on the top along the crema
in the cup of a strong flat white
her first night in a while on the machine
it's good she keeps her distance
perhaps thinking it time that she requested
not to be put behind the register
or maybe it's just a coincidence
at least we won't have to talk
and can keep awkwardness to a minimum
sitting outside I light up and begin to sip
wondering just how quickly I can forgive
surely deception warrants such silence
on nights out for coffee like this
braving all the cold and weather
I debate telling her of the pain
how sorry written so softly
doesn't in an instance make okay
the way she so coldly had no trouble
saying I was nothing but a mistake
I finish my drink and go to pay
she watches quietly from a corner
knowing my lack of eye contact's a warning
that I'm not over the hurt of being sawn
by her toothed blade of ignorance
as I leave I steal a final glance
I still see her with unrequited desire
I smile as I think of the plans
of her and I made up in my mind
I close the door behind me and sigh
at how it's only time that can cure
this combination of allure and spite
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
she wrote Sorry! in my coffee
she wrote Sorry! in the coffee
memories & previous plans
- ► 2009 (87)
- the Robin Hood of romance
- she wrote Sorry! in my coffee
- unclasped lovers
- CANINE LOVERS
- Ward For The Broken Hearted
- love is lung cancer
- If hypothetically I fell for you
- A Kite In The Wind
- did you miss me?
- our lives let the rain in.
- love is inspiration
- we watched our parent's and theirs for too long.
- our love to admire and if lacking'll set to fire a...
- If I Have To Go
- hands in pockets
- The Brittle Melancholy
- I scream. You scream. We all scream for the person...
- drop a coin into the sea. but only whisper come ba...
- knowing you're in love again is when feelings surp...
- tips for shy chicks
- the Friends ship set sail; unsure we had boarded w...
- his note & the lump in her throat. his sigh, her e...
- my winter weather leather gloves that hide my fing...
- "The Moment That It Takes To Fall Apart"
- straight lines
- pleasure, pain and provocation
- the vacancy sign’s flashing on your hotel lacking ...
- inhibited in the minute by a machine that stops my...
- warm and still
- my midnight malignant melanoma
- do you realise?
- it's dreamy weather
- don’t let the magic of the moment become too much ...
- Tap. Tap. Tap...
- deciduous reaching over us. littering romance on t...
- red sea
- nobody’s up except the moon and me
- memories are tears
- I once fell in love in a six hour conversation
- freeway, cars & trucks.
- he stored his love and his life in boxes in the cu...
- time’s like a broken watch
- 22 Feb 2008 I tried being nice, I tried being sin...
- I dreamt I was dead and of what you said about my ...
- I hate your assumptions. They’re like lumps in my ...
- on the banks of the south I was the odd one out.
- roses are red, violets are blue. you don’t love me...
- on valentine’s day
- you’re not there anymore
- blog 100.
- tear apart the ties that bind. You're nothing not ...
- tantrum display. you can no longer prey
- for wanting of winter ways
- could I love the beach. could I love you?
- you were just outside my window
- we sold sincerity for seduction
- sleep carefully, fuck well.
- hating you makes me a better person
- you boiled to the surface, like you should never h...
- let me take you...
- ▼ May (66)